Each month, the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa (Naamsa) releases the figures for new car sales.
And each month we'll bring you the top ten sellers in the passenger car segment.
For the record, Naamsa reported that aggregate industry sales rose 7.3 percent to 53 134 vehicles in November 2012, when compared to the same period a year ago.
Bear in mind that Hyundai and Kia do not submit their figures, and that from January 2012, Mercedes-Benz SA said it would not report its detailed sales data for the time being, after a global directive from its parent company, Daimler AG. MBSA does, however, still provide a single total sales number for passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
So, what made the list in November? The Volkswagen Polo Vivo is predictably still heading the pack, with the "regular" Polo right behind in second. The Toyota Etios retains third spot, while the Ford Figo — perhaps boosted by its recent facelift — has jumped from seventh to fourth.
The Corolla/Auris holds its mid-table spot, with the BMW 3-Series managing to hang onto sixth. The Toyota Fortuner slips from fourth to seventh, ahead of new entries, the Renault Sandero and Chevrolet Cruze. Chevy's Spark and Sonic drop out of the top ten, while the Aveo just about sneaks in.
Check out the full top ten list below, with the figure in parentheses the sales number from the previous month. See October's figures HERE.
Passenger vehicles for November 2012:
1. VW Polo Vivo - 2697 (down from 3341)
2. VW Polo - 2376 (down from 2883)
3. Toyota Etios - 2132 (down from 2625)
4. Ford Figo - 1273 (down from 1353)
5. Toyota Corolla/Auris - 1268 (down from 1551)
6. BMW 3-Series - 927 (down from 1520)
7. Toyota Fortuner - 798 (down from 1754)
8. Renault Sandero - 640 (new entry)
9. Chevrolet Cruze - 543 (new entry)
10. Chevrolet Aveo - 539 (down from 674)