Yes, we know you love your bakkies, South Africa. So we've decided to publish a list of best-selling pickups every month.
After the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa (Naamsa) releases the figures for new vehicle sales each month, we'll slap together a list of the top ten best-selling bakkies.
November sees the Toyota Hilux stretch its lead as the best-selling bakkie in SA even further, with the Chevrolet Utility settling for second. The Ford Ranger climbed a spot to third — just a handful of sales behind the Utility — while the Nissan NP200 fell to fourth.
The Isuzu KB, Nissan NP300, Volkswagen Amarok, Mazda BT-50, and Nissan Navara all held on to their respective spots, while the Tata Super Ace snuck into the top ten at the expense of the Toyota Landcruiser PU.
Bakkies for November 2012 (see October's figures HERE):
1. Toyota Hilux - 3100 (up from 2283)
2. Chevrolet Utility - 1667 (down from 1763)
3. Ford Ranger - 1662 (up from 1511)
4. Nissan NP200 - 1546 (same as October)
5. Isuzu KB - 1208 (up from 1199)
6. Nissan NP300 - 815 (down from 991)
7. Volkswagen Amarok - 442 (same as October)
8. Mazda BT-50 - 256 (down from 299)
9. Nissan Navara - 208 (down from 237)
10. Tata Super Ace - 100 (new entry)