Yes, we know you love your bakkies, South Africa. So we've decided to publish a list of best-selling pickups every month.
After the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa (Naamsa) releases the figures for new vehicle sales each month, we'll slap together a list of the top ten best-selling bakkies.
The Toyota Hilux made up for last month's dip in sales to easily be the best selling bakkie in South Africa. The Nissan NP200 leapfrogged its class rival, the Chevrolet Utility, into second. The Chev moved one place down into third.
The Ford Ranger saw a dip in sales that move it into fourth. The Isuzu KB, Nissan NP300, Volkswagen Amarok and Toyota Land Cruiser PU held their positions while the Nissan Navara squeaked into ninth ahead of the the Mahindra Scorpio.
Bakkies for August 2012 (see July's figures HERE):
1. Toyota Hilux - 2942 (up from 2781)
2. Nissan NP200 - 1652 (up from 1559)
3. Chevrolet Utility - 1555 (down from 1747)
4. Ford Ranger - 1238 (down from 1559)
5. Isuzu KB - 1192 (down from 1359)
6. Nissan NP300 - 759 (down from 954)
7. Volkswagen Amarok - 515 (up from 477)
8. Toyota Landcruiser PU - 270 (up from 231)
9. Nissan Navara - 120 (no change)
10. Mahindra Scorpio Pik-Up - 117 (down from 120)
On page 2: SA's ten top-selling cars in August