Toyota's president and chief executive Akio Toyoda has been named man of the year by Autocar magazine's editor-in-chief Steve Cropley.
"Toyota started the year in a difficult position, yet Akio Toyoda has brought redemption to the company after a succession of damaging safety scares, then launched an extremely aspirational and impressive 'halo' car, the Toyota GT86," said Cropley.
"Akio Toyoda, Autocar's man of the year, is definitely the right man for the job."
Autocar's Men of the Year
1. Akio Toyoda - Toyota president and chief executive
2. Gerry McGovern - Land Rover design chief
3. Alan Mulally - Ford president and chief executive
4. Adrian Newey - Red Bull F1
5. Alex Zanardi - Paraolympian: two golds and two silvers in 2012
6. Lord Charles March - Goodwood
7. Ratan Tata - Chairperson Tata group
8. Andy Green - World's fastest man
9. Dr Martin Winterkorn - Chairperson of the board of management, Volkswagen AG
10. Charles Morgan - Morgan chairperson